Sunday, April 15, 2012

Jackson's First Race!

We signed Jackson up for his first "official" race - a Tot Trot at the YMCA. I was so excited for him. He always enjoys the races I do and I knew he would enjoy experiencing one for himself.

He seemed to enjoy the race but was very uncomfortable/nervous before it began. One of the employees at the Y was trying to get him to laugh but he was so serious.  I think it was a combination of not knowing what was going on and just taking it all in. He did so well and Wesley, Philip and I were very proud!

Racer #1!

One racer in the Tot Trot was Y Bear so Philip was not a fan!
He and Wesley were at the finish line while I stayed at the start.

Jackson (far right - #1) was still not 100% in the race-groove.
 He was looking around and trying to figure out what was going on.
But as soon as they said "Go!" He was off!!!

He even got a medal at the Finish

Running up the hill takes a lot out of a little boy - Jackson's favorite part was the snack at the end!

Philip enjoyed a snack too!

No comments:

Post a Comment