Saturday, November 7, 2009

Big Boy Bed

I can't believe I am actually writing this but Jackson is now in a big boy bed!! Last night, he was tired, cranky and didn't want to go to bed. It was late so I put him in the bed crying. I stayed in his room for awhile and watched as he hiked his leg over the side in an attempt to get out. I looked at him and said "Go for it, Buddy!" He did and easily escaped!

Though he had gotten out twice before, this time was different since I actually watched him get out. He was safe this time, but next time, I could see how easily he could hit his chin on the side of the crib.

Jackson and I walked into the bedroom where Wesley was and I asked if Wesley could go ahead and take the front off his crib. Wesley looked at me like "seriously, tonight! (it was 10:00!) But after explaining what I had seen, he went in there and took off the front. We placed the crib back and Jackson jumped right in and fell asleep!!


This morning, we were greeted by his lovely face when he woke up but at least he slept until 8:00!


Nap time was much harder than last night. He was exhausted last night and easily gave in. This afternoon though he fought it and it took about an hour to convince him to stay in bed. Hopefully, this routine will become easier as we go!

I knew this day was coming as we had decided to move Jackson into a big bed so Philip could have the crib, we just didn't know it would come so soon. He looks so grown up with his head on the pillow and snuggled under the covers! Where has my baby gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment