Sunday, November 13, 2011

Christmas Village

For the past 30+ years, my mom has gone to Christmas Village. This was her first year without Mimi. I knew it was going to be a difficult time for her and really for all of us as it was the beginning of a few rough weeks: Mimi's birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas celebrations, and then the anniversary of her passing.

Wesley and I worked it out for me to travel up to Nashville by myself for a little Jablonski Family time. Thursday evening, we went to Christmas Village. Mom stayed for a little while but it was more emotional than she thought. Emily, Susan, Erika (Susan's friend who becomes a Jablonski every Christmas village!) and I shopped around for several hours. We then attempted to go to dinner but everywhere we went - Wendy's, Taco Bell, McDonalds, Mexican - was closed! We finally settled for Sonic but really it turned out to be a yummy, fun dinner!

Friday, Emily and I did a 5-mile test run for the Boulevard Bolt. She was able to run the entire 5 miles. I had to stop several times - Brentwood is really hilly! That evening, Susan, Emily, Mom and I went out to Bonefish Grille.

Friday was Mimi's birthday and we thought what better way to celebrate than by going out as Mother and Daughters. Mimi always wanted us to spend as much time as we could with Mom and so I know she was happy seeing us celebrate her birthday together!

Saturday, Mom, Dad, and I went back to Christmas Village for a little extra shopping and then out to Susan's for dinner. 

I missed Jackson, Philip and Wesley but it was nice to be able to spend time with my Mom, Dad and sisters without having to worry about my two little ones running around! Maybe this will become a yearly tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment