Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving in Nashville again this year. I wanted to run in the Boulevard Bolt with Emily and Ryan so we decided on a Christmas visit to Knoxville and Thanksgiving in Nashville.

We arrived on Wednesday afternoon and enjoyed dinner at my mom's Wednesday night. Philip really enjoyed the whipped cream for dessert! 



He didn't want to miss a bit of it! 
Thursday morning, Emily, Ryan, Anna (Ryan's sister) and I participated in the 5-mile Boulevard Bolt. Our goal was to run it in under an hour and we did! We completed the 5 miles in 58 minutes and 51 seconds.  Yay us!





Thanksgiving afternoon, the whole gang came over. Philip settled in next to Tim and explored his I-Phone!


Emily, Ryan, Wesley and I did some Black-Friday shopping. We didn't stay up late or get up early, but got out mid-morning and had success in every store!
We enjoyed some great deals at Sears!
Real men have pink tools.
 Friday afternoon, we had a photo shoot for Mom and Dad's Christmas card:
First, Philip and Jackson helped me find the perfect lighting.






No photo opt is complete without the funny picture! 
We spent most of the weekend inside playing games or outside on the "4-wheelers" 



All the kids joined Tim's I-Phone playing on Saturday!! 
 


I couldn't find another boy helmet so he had to use Bekah's.
Nothing goes better with dinosaur pjs than a pink helmet!

Saturday afternoon, we walked up to a playground near my parents' house. Wesley, Philip, Flash and I rode back home, but Jackson walked back with Pop Pop. 

We decided to leave late Saturday night in hopes that the kids would sleep and we would miss the traffic. Both boys were sacked out by the time we reached the interstate. Philip didn't stay asleep for long but it was a relatively peaceful ride home.




No comments:

Post a Comment