Sunday, October 19, 2008

DLHS Class of '98

This weekend, I attended my 10 year class reunion. I had a blast! I had been looking forward to this weekend for months. Being away from Nashville, I couldn't wait to reconnect with friends I hadn't seen in a while. It was a great weekend full of friends, laughs and memories of the past!


I started off the reunion weekend by going bridesmaid dress shopping with one of my dearest friend's Ashley. She is getting married next June to a great guy and I have the honor of being in her wedding. Ashley, Shannon (another dear friend and bridesmaid) traveled around Cool Springs and Franklin searching for the "perfect dress." I had so much fun being with Shannon and Ashley!


Later that day, Shannon, Ashley and I met up with Ashley's fiance, Scott, and Erin, another friend, for dinner and the DLHS football game. Erin, Ashley, Shannon and I have been friends forever. We went to school and church together for many years, but have probably gotten closer since High School. When we were all in Nashville, we would get together once a month for dinner! I miss those days!! Here is a picture of us at Baja Friday night:






Saturday morning I was able to catch up with another group of friends! Leeann, Christi, Laura, Abigail, and I met for breakfast and it was great to see all of them! I hadn't seen Leeann or Christi since I moved to Georgia! It was great to reconnect and hear all about the exciting things these girls are up to!



Saturday afternoon, our class got together for a lunch on the lawn of DLHS. The entire family was invited to this event so Jackson came with Wesley and me. It was so fun to introduce him to the kids of my friends! His buddy Ford was there so they were able to play for much of the picnic!


Here is a picture of the family before the picnic:


Here's Jackson and Ford:







The final event of the weekend was dinner at the Wildhorse! How fun!! It was great to have a night out and just enjoy time with Wesley and my old friends!



Thanks to Martha Lynn, Reid, Elizabeth and Philip for planning a fabulous weekend!!!!

Oh..and to make the week even better it has to be said that Jackson and I had a blast being in Nashville for the week before the reunion. It was great to be with my family! I miss them so much! Of course I took all these pictures of the reunion but don't have many of the family! I will leave with one of Jackson and his great-grandmother, Net going for a stroll.





1 comment:

  1. It was a blast, dear! Old friends are good for the heart!
    Love you, Leanne...
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete