Sunday, October 18, 2009

Blessings of a Dad...

Disclaimer: Only read ahead if you want to read lots and lots of bragging about my husband!

Jackson is one lucky little boy. I have decided that he has the BEST Dad! I could go on and on with examples of why Wesley deserves this title, but I will focus on two from this weekend.

Last week, Jackson became fascinated with his trains. All he has wanted to do is “Pay Tains” (play trains). He wakes up in the morning with “Pay Tains.” Wakes up from his naps wanting to play and the minute Wesley walks in the door, Jackson requests that Da-Da play trains with him.

During the day, he will ask me to play and I might sit down for a minute or two, but when Jackson asks Wesley, he ALWAYS stops what he is doing and sits down to play…for hours! He will drive the trains, make new tracks and just enjoy time with his little buddy.

This weekend, I think the two of them spent every waking minute glued to that train set. Wesley even spent nap time yesterday setting up the most impressive course I have ever seen. It is so fun to watch!

Friday Night

Saturday after nap...I think there are three different train tracks used for this set-up


Then, after he has spent all that time playing with Jackson and the trains, he didn’t blink an eye when I asked him if he would watch Jackson for the night so I could go out with the girls. He immediately said yes and made plans for the two of them.

They headed to a rock concert at the Canton YMCA (Jackson loved it!) and afterwards, enjoyed a late night snack at the Waffle House! Too cute!


Wesley loves Jackson so much and the feelings are returned ten fold. I am so blessed to raise Jackson with such a loving man and can’t wait to see how his love grows with two little boys to love on!

Thank you Wesley for being a fabulous husband, amazing Dad, and wonderful Christian leader for our family!

2 comments:

  1. How fun!! So glad you had fun with Wes & Cristal, the girls, and that your boys love trains so much! (And so glad for Jackson's waffle...I know he enjoyed it!!!)
    Love,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bud, but I will have to say I am able to be a good dad because we also have a pretty incredible wife and mother as well :0)

    Love you,

    me

    ReplyDelete