Sunday, October 18, 2009

Visit with the Kohrings

We just had the best visit with our friends Wes and Cristal Kohring! They spent almost a week here in Cumming and we loved every minute of their visit!

Our kids, Jonah, Micah, and Jackson, got along great. We did find out that Jackson needs to work on sharing before Philip comes in February. He wasn't always excited about sharing his toys, his Daddy or even his bath tub! For the most part though they really enjoyed playing together.


Why are all these people in my bubbles?
All piled into the back of Wesley's truck.
Enjoying a Bruster's Ice Cream Treat on Saturday night.

The highlight of the week for four-year-old Jonah was Wesley's air rocket. He loved playing with it - and I think the rest of the boys enjoyed it too :-)



One of the highlights of the week for me was my couponing lesson from Cristal. She has started saving major money by using coupons and taught me some of her skills. It was quite an impressive lesson.
We went out on Saturday morning and spent a little over $80 at Target, CVS, and Publix but saved $156! It was by far more than Cristal usually spends in a week but for my first time, she was pleased at our outing!

Preparing my coupons for my first shopping trip.

Our Loot:


Last night, we put the kids in bed early and the four adults enjoyed a steak dinner. After the feast, we cleared the dished and brought out the cards. The hours seemed to go by too quickly as we laughed, played and just enjoyed being with each other.

Wesley and I are so proud of the ministry that Wes and Cristal have in Arlington. They are reaching out to so many teens and I know God is using them in mighty ways. I just wish they were closer! We miss them so much and always leave our visits with them anxiously looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment