Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Cagle Dairy Farm

Today was Jackson's first field trip of the year. Philip and I were joining him and I was looking forward to a fun morning. Things didn't start off so wonderful though...

First off, Philip and I had a major disagreement. It centered around the fact that I wanted him to wear clothes and he didn't. I was worried we were going to miss the carpool and since I had no idea where we were going, I had to get to school to get the directions. So...I let Philip win the battle and I threw him into the car with just his diaper on.

I pulled up to the school and asked for directions. Then, to Jackson's sadness, we left the school and told the group we would meet them there. We went back home (thankfully, we live 2 minutes from the school) and I got clothes on the beast...I mean Philip :-)

I put both boys in the car and took a few deep breathes. Then I prayed. When Jackson asked why I was talking to God, I said "Jackson, sometimes Mommies can't do it all but God can! I need His help today!" Thank You for answered prayers! The rest of the morning was filled with much more peace!

The only remaining hiccup was trying to explain to Jackson that we weren't going to a pumpkin patch. It was my fault. I should have realized from the name - Cagle Dairy Farm - that we were heading to a farm, but I mistakenly told Jackson it was a pumpkin patch. I cleared up my mistake when we arrived at Cagle's but all day, he kept asking where the pumpkins were! Whoops!

Here are some pictures from the Field Trip:


Getting ready for the Hay Ride

My Big Boy!

They looked so cute in their matching Halloween shirts.
Jackson was supposed to be in his Field Trip shirt, but well, I forgot! 

Jackson and his buddy,Justin
Justin lives in our neighborhood and is in Awana with Jackson. They have become big buddies!

Here we are stopped on the hayride for the Cow Herding demonstration.
The young man (you can see his head) has just sent his dog out to round up the cows...

Oh look! There's a cow (the brown speck in the distance). Wonder where he will go...

Oh! He's coming our way...

And bringing some some of his friends...

RIGHT UP NEXT TO THE WAGON!
So Jackson was cool with this but Philip was not. At this moment, he was screaming in my arms. Since we were on a hayride with 15 HUGE cows right beside us, I had no choice but to let him scream, hold him tight, and take a picture of Jackson!
Afterwards, someone commented: I guess Philip won't be a farmer!

Hilarious! This is his first pair of real jeans and he LOVES them! 

Allison and Lydia


This farmer was explaining how they milk cows to the kids. They really weren't interested!

Philip started playing in the rocks - the highlight of his day!

Isaac, Justin, Barnes, Collin, John, and Jackson
Mrs. Pam's class - all boys!

YAY!! A good shot of my boys!

Riding the tractor.

Playing on the bouncy floor thingy.

2011 - Lydia, Philip, and Jackson
2010 - Lydia, Jackson and Philip
What a difference a year makes!


No comments:

Post a Comment