Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Surprise Dinner Date!

This afternoon during rest, I got a surprise phone call. My dad was "in the area" (aka 2 hours away in Cleveland, TN) and wanted to see if we were up for a visitor! Absolutely!

Because it is Mission: Atlanta week, I made sure Wesley was okay with our ditching the evening activity (he was) and Jackson, Philip and I waited on Pop-Pop to arrive. 

Jackson was really excited to see Pop-Pop. Philip just couldn't understand why it wasn't Pop-Pop and Mimi. He likes it when things go together - like Emmie and RyRy!

We hung out around the house for a little while and then traveled to Canton to try out a Bar-B-Q place that my dad and I had been waiting to try since we moved down here. 

We had a nice dinner and then Dad headed back to Nashville and we headed home. 

I know it wasn't an easy day for my dad with 8+ hours of driving but the boys and I really enjoyed seeing him and spending a little bit of time at our home with him. Hopefully, next time he is "in the area" Mimi will be able to make it, too!

After dinner, I attempted a group shot. THe first one came out okay, but I wanted to see if I could get one without Philip's fingers in his mouth. I should have just stopped on #1!

Should have stopped with this one. It is good - especially of Pop-Pop and Jackson!!!
And Philip looks cute, too!

"Um, why look at the camera, Mommy? There's something on that TV over there!"

"Really, Mommy, there is something cool over there!"

"Mommy, I don't care what Philip is doing, I am tired of saying cheese!"

And finally - Philip looks at the camera and smiles.
Of course, by then, Jackson and Pop-Pop are over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment