Friday, June 1, 2012

Stone Mountain

Tonight, we traveled with the Mission: Atlanta group to Stone Mountain! Jackson went with them last year and has been looking forward to going back ever since. He loved riding with Ms. Nutha to the top of the mountain and wanted to do it again.

First on the agenda was a keynote speaker for the group. Philip and Jackson weren't interested so I walked with them. Then, Wesley came out and walked with us. And finally, Minutha came out and walked with us. After the speaker, we headed to the top of the mountain.

Jackson was so excited about this, I forgot to think through the whole sequences of events: getting on a Sky-lift and going up in the air suspended by a cable. It wasn't until we were halfway up, that I realized I should have put more thought into it! It was a little terrifying for me!

Once at the top, we looked around (I stayed mainly in the center of the rock!) and took a few pictures. Then, we ventured back down and ate dinner; went to a Yogi Bear 4D movie; and walked around enjoying the night. Around 9:00 we settled in for the laser show. Jackson and Philip were not fans but I enjoyed them cuddling up with Wesley and me to "watch" through covered eyes!

We really enjoyed the evening and I think all 180 Mission: Atlanta kids did too!

Ms. Nutha and Jackson



Jackson looking out. It was so clear, we could see the beautiful skyline of downtown Atlanta. 

Bender family picture! 
Wesley and the boys ventured off - I stayed back "to take pictures!"

The big kids were taking "jumping pictures" so Philip and Jackson tried a few as well!




UPDATE: I just found some additional Stone Mountain pictures from Wesley's phone:
Ms. Nutha and Philip

Waiting on the 4-D movie to begin

Looking cool in his glasses

Like father/like son!
Okay, I will admit it - I really love the 4D movies because they scare Jackson and he will cuddle up in my lap!
He won't leave the auditorium - just wants me to cover his eyes!

Philip is not as great as Jackson when it comes to riding on Wesley's shoulders.
For some reason, he always grabs and pulls Wesley's ears while he is up there!

Ready for the laser show!

1 comment: