Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Things About Me

I have been tagged three times on Facebook to write a list of "25 things about me." Rather than reply on Facebook, I thought I would post my list here. I hope you enjoy learning a little more about me.

1. I am currently writing a book. Hopefully, it will be done by the end of 2009.
2. The funniest person I know is my husband, Wesley. We've been together for 10 years and he still makes me laugh every day.
3. My favorite part of the day is getting Jackson out of bed in the morning. He is a such a happy little boy first thing in the morning.
4. I love turning everyday moments into teaching moments with Jackson.
5. I played volleyball all 4 years in High School, and we made it to state my Junior year.
6. I love to organize things.
7. I always have a "To-Do List" going. I write down everything that needs to be done and take joy in crossing things off (I double cross off - first with pen, then with a highlighter)
8. My grandmother, Mimi, taught me how to bowl. She would take us bowling and to Pizza Hut almost every week during the summer.
9. I am obsessed with coupons, sales, and saving money.
10. I love office supplies and can't wait until I can take Jackson to buy school supplies.
11. I have known 6 of my closest girlfriends for 20+ years.
12. I ran/walked a marathon in 2004. I consider it one of my greatest accomplishments.
13. I went to NYC with my dad to ring in 2000 in Times Square. Amazing!
14. The moment I became a mother, I appreciated my mom more than I ever thought possible!
15. I was president of my High School drama club and College Social Club. I love being in charge.
16. I love to cook.
17. I don't like to clean.
18. I made myself like coffee. It took awhile but now I really love a great cup of Starbucks coffee.
19. My dream job is working for a large corporation as the person in charge of distributing the company's charitable donations.
20. I had no idea how much love I had in my heart until the day Jackson was born.
21. I always feel safe when I am with Wesley.
22. I have a dog Flash who I love more than I let on.
23. I love getting the mail. I especially love getting the mail when I get a friendly letter or a great magazine.
24. When we were little, Susan and I pushed 2-year old Emily down our hilly driveway on a bike. Somehow, she made it all the way safely. We still can't figure out that one.
25. I have a life filled with a supportive husband, a sweet and happy child, a loving family, and great friends. I am richly blessed!

3 comments:

  1. So I really thought I "knew" you, but I guess not! You are writing a book! I didn't know anything about this - can I really call you a best friend if you don't tell me you are WRITING a BOOK!!! :)
    Cristal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your list...you and my sister should talk...she LOVES making lists and crossing stuff off! :) I don't like to clean either so I'm glad there is someone else out there. I've been tagged on that 25 things a ton but I can't find the time to sit down and write mine. I don't know if I was included in those 6 closest girlfriends but I'm glad I've known you 20+ years and you were a great SRO president!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the book about? I'm going to have to read it no matter what!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete