Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Blue Ridge Georgia

This past weekend, my sister Emily and her husband Ryan came to town. This was the weekend we were traveling to Blue Ridge so Emily and I could relax at the spa and use the massage Wesley gave me for my birthday.

They got in Friday night around 9:00. After Jackson headed to bed, Ryan set up his Wii Fit. I had never played with one of these before, and it was so much fun. I loved the games but didn't like it when they calculated my Fitness Age. Let's just say it wasn't pretty! I guess I need to work on my balance.

Saturday morning, Emily and I woke up to go for a run. Those of you who know us, know we don't just run for fun. It was to practice for the 5K we will be doing on April 11! Emily and Ryan decided to train for a 5K in January, and I tagged along since I would be in Nashville that weekend. I have been running at the Y for the past few months and Saturday, Emily and I did 4.1 miles!!! We were so proud of ourselves!!! YEAH us!

After the run, we packed up and headed to Blue Ridge. We made it in around 1:00 and enjoyed lunch at a cute little restaurant in the downtown area. After lunch, Emily and I headed to the spa. Our appointment wasn't until 6:00 but we got there at 2!

I wanted to take advantage of the steam room, sauna, and most importantly...the quiet! It was so nice! We both relaxed so much we feel asleep in the "Woman's Relaxation Room." After our massages - which felt great after the morning run - the boys picked us up and we headed to the cabin.

After saying "Night-Night" to Jackson, the four of us enjoyed a delicious steak dinner. Ryan even treated us to homemade Strawberry Shortcake - delicious! Thanks to Mr. Jackson, we all woke up early on Sunday morning and enjoyed breakfast. Again Ryan treated us: homemade coffee cake! We cleaned up a bit and then headed out for a hike. Ryan found a path that lead to a beautiful cascade. Even Flash was able to join us for the adventure.

After the hike we packed up and headed home. Unfortunately, Emily and Ryan had to leave pretty soon after we got back to Cumming. It was a great weekend! We love spending time with Emily and Ryan and hope they come back to visit soon!
The Benders

Ryan and Emily

Jackson hiking in the woods - can you see his souvenir, a pine cone in his left hand. He loved examining everything in the woods!


Too precious!



Emily will not be happy with me for posting a picture of just her, but it was too pretty not to share. Doesn't she look beautiful!




My new favorite "look" of Jackson. What do you think he is thinking?!





The delicious Strawberry Shortcake Ryan made for us.
We definitely weren't roughing it on this trip to the mountains!



,
Smile! The crew at breakfast Sunday morning.

2 comments:

  1. The weekend was awesome!!!! I did not realize that part of the weekend was taking senior pics of Emily. . . will you sign my yearbook?

    HAGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had so much fun. I fully expect the same treatment when we come down this summer!

    ReplyDelete