Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!

This has been the greatest birthday ever! I will go into more detail later about the fun Wesley, Jackson and I had, but I had to give a shout out tonight to ABC for giving me a birthday treat! 

A few weeks ago, we realized that Season 8 of Dancing with the Stars started tonight!! Yeah!! So all I asked for my birthday was dinner (Wesley made tacos) and to watch Dancing with the Stars. Who would have known that an even bigger present was to come.

I am not ashamed to admit that last week, I was suckered into all the insane drama of the Bachelor. I watched for three hours as Jason (the bachelor) professed his unending love to Melissa at 9:55 and then at 10:25, on national television, he broke up with her to "have a chance" with the runner up - Molly. 

The infatuation with this storyline didn't end there. I proceeded to watch the Ellen show for three days for the full report of what happened. Very interesting but really...why should I care? Anyways, I was hooked into the lives of Melissa, Jason, and Molly and last night received word - via Yahoo News - that Melissa would be filling a spot on DWTS for an injured Nancy O'Dell.

You would have thought my best friend was asked to dance in the show. I was so excited and watched in anticipation tonight to see if she would be decent or a train wreck...you never know! Turns out, she is pretty good!! Yeah! I am glad she gets a second shot! Who would have thought an embarrassing public break-up would result in a slot in the best reality show of all - Dancing with the Stars!

It was a great show tonight and a wonderful way to end a fabulous birthday! 

3 comments:

  1. You may read this and think, oh that Leanne is so funny. No one really gets that excited about people they don't know. . . . . well, I was there tonight when she literally jumped off the couch and did a little jig right in our den when Melissa was announced on Dancing With the Stars. It was hilarious.

    She is the most fun to watch any reality show with. . . . . ever.

    love,

    her husband

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Babysitter #1!
    We love you!

    Sue, Lee, Jessica, Forrest,and Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  3. leanne,

    i too was so excited about melissa being on dancing... last night! we will have to get together some mondays to watch together. i know rocky would tolerate it more if wes was there :)

    glad you had such a wonderful day with your sweet family!

    ashley

    ReplyDelete