Monday, August 30, 2010

Fun Monday

Today was a fun day. We started off the morning, early, very early! Philip was ready for a nap by 8:00 while the rest of us were eating breakfast. Good thing he can sleep anywhere.

By 10:00, Jackson and Wesley left to “go to work.” Jackson has wanted to join Wesley at work for a while and today it worked out. The best part of Wesley’s job is relationship building with teens. This morning, he was spending time with one of the teens who graduated a few years back. He was watching his 3-year-old nephew so it was a natural fit for Jackson to join them. Wesley and Gerald visited and Jackson got to enjoy time with his new friend, Amir. They had a great time.

While they were away (and Philip was still asleep) I caught up on some TiVoed episodes of Racheal Ray. Once Philip woke up, we went outside and enjoyed the beautiful day.

I have noticed that I don’t take nearly the amount of pictures of Philip as I did of Jackson. Mainly that’s because we don’t stop enough with Jackson around to snap any! While J was gone, I decided to seize the opportunity to get a few cute shots of Philip outdoors.

Everyone lately has been saying "Oh, Philip is a mini-Jackson" In my opinion they don't look anything alike. Jackson (as a baby) looked just like me. This above picture of Philip looks just like Wesley!

I love that you can tell he is smiling!
(Look at his perfect posture!)

"What's with all these pictures, Mommy?"

After dinner, Wesley offered to clean up and the boys and I headed back outdoors. Jackson loves being with Philip and wants him to play so badly. Whenever I feel it is safe, I let Philip join in on the fun. Tonight, I figured it was as good of a time as any to try out the cozy coupe. I think Philip (and Jackson) enjoyed it!


I hope this brotherly fun lasts as they grow older!!

2 comments:

  1. great pictures leanne! i agree with Philip looking like Wesley :o) so cute -

    abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty awesome to see the boys start playing together. . . who knows what life will bring in the coming years .. sure enjoying it now,though :)

    ReplyDelete