Thursday, January 13, 2011

Snow time in Charlotte

Wesley was asked to speak at a YMCA event in Charlotte this week. At first, the boys and I planned on joining him but after the unexpected travel of last week, I decided just to stay put. I started rethinking that decision when the local weatherman said to expect wintery weather for the week. Usually, I don’t give much merit to these forecasts but I realized that if it did in fact snow, the last place I wanted to be was alone at home with two stir crazy little boys.

It turned out to be a very wise decision!

We left after church on Sunday morning and by evening, Atlanta was covered in snow. We arrived safely in Charlotte around dinnertime. Wesley dropped us off at his sister’s and headed to his event in the Blue Ridge mountains. The snow starting falling in North Carolina early Monday morning.

Thanks to Cole and Macey, Jackson and Philip had a blast! They played in the snow, watched movies, and Jackson even went to school with Teacher Macey. Shannon and I enjoyed chatting and coffee every morning and I didn’t leave the house until Wednesday when Wesley came to pick us up!

I am so thankful Shannon was up for visitors because it was so much fun to have company as we experienced this beautiful winter snow.

The snow quickly accumulated on Monday morning.

We bundled Jackson up to go play with Macey, Cole, and Uncle Ron


Cole is so good with Jackson

Philip had to watch the fun from the window...next time maybe I will remember to bring him some snow clothes!

But I don't think he minded being loved on by Aunt Shannon!

Cole, Jackson, Macey (on the rope swing!) and Ron played in the back yard


Cole offered to go down the hill with Jackson. Jackson LOVED it until the end when a little bump sent snow flying into his face. Poor boy, it was so cold! That immediately ended his time outdoors.

Happy Boy doing his new favorite activity - playing in baskets

Philip and Cali teamed up to help Shannon with the dishes each night. They were a riot together and quickly became buddies (mischievous little buddies!)

Sweet cousins!
I brought with me all the ingredients to make a yummy dessert my mom and dad made for us back in December - Gingerbread Cobbler. It was so good and especially tasty with the snow cream Shannon and Jackson made!

1 comment: