Thursday, January 19, 2012

The best part of my day...



Story Time at Ni-Night!


Also, telling stories about my boys:


Jackson - So I nearly had a meltdown in the car last Wednesday morning. I dropped Jackson off and pulled around to situate things in the car. From where I was parked, I could see into the hallway by Jackson's class. I noticed Jackson at the far end. He was all by himself walking to class. I watched as he walked with his backpack into class and disappeared. He did it! I don't even let him out of my site to go get the mail, and the teachers trusted him to get to class all by himself.  He's growing up. I know this is what we prepare our kids for, but it was a little emotional as I realized, he is learning how to be independent and responsible.


Then, there's Philip! This kid cracks me up. I like write down the funny things he says, and this one is great. He loves the word "Mimi" Here's how he uses it:


1. Mimi = Mailtrucks and UPS trucks. I don't quite get it but Jackson is the one who figured it out. 
2. Mimi = anyone on the phone. If you ask who it is, he says Mimi
3. Mimi= Mimi (my mom). This is the most common use, but it is always followed by "Bap-Bap" (PopPop)


As in: 
Me: Philip, it's Mimi. Can you say "Hi?"
Philip: Hi Mimi....where's Bap-Bap? 


Or who is this - showing him a picture of Mimi? 
Philip: Mimi Bap-Bap!


No matter what, he is ALWAYS smiling when he says it and believe me, he says it a lot! He loves his Mimi! (and Bap-Bap and Grammy and KD!)


And finally, I mentioned that every morning, Philip and Wesley have a little ritual. Wesley asks Philip if he had any dreams and he always answers Elmo.


One Tuesday, Philip came into where Jackson and Wesley were after his nap and Wesley asked him about his dreams. A conversation began between Philip and Jackson and here's the text I got concerning it: "Jackson just gave philip a 2 minute lesson of what dreams are because he was skeptical that he really dreamed about elmo every time."


Wesley said it was hilarious! Wish I could have been there for that one!





No comments:

Post a Comment