Thursday, January 19, 2012

Philip takes on Storytime

I will be honest: sometimes after I drop Jackson off at school on Wedensdays, I look at Philip and wonder "What am I going to do with you for 4 hours!"

I have forgotten all the fun activities I did with Jackson when he was Philip's age! We used to go and go and these days, it seems like all I do with Philip is sit (not really, but it seems that way!)

So last week, I decided to make a change. I was really going to take advantage of the 4 hours I had alone with my Philip. 

I looked up Story Times and found one on Wendesday mornings at a nearby library. We headed that way last Wednesday for a story time about Cats and Dogs and then yesterday for Hop!

Philip really enjoyed it! He was mesmerized by the stories and loved the little activities we did in between the stories. Last week, it was a color game. He guessed "blue" every time. Finally the last one was blue, and he was so excited when he got it right!

I forgot my camera but snapped a few with my phone (which had a dirty lens, sorry for the blur!)

I am really looking forward to this time with Philip!

He was so good and sat on his carpet square the entire time!
Can't say the same about the little girl in front of him!!!
Looking at the puppets after story time was over
(red shirt)

Checking out the puppets - Week 2
Green Shirt

No comments:

Post a Comment