Friday, June 22, 2012

Happy 10 years, Wesley

Today is our 10 year wedding anniversary. I know it is cliche, but where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday, we were enjoying our wedding celebration. What a fun night that was!!

Though it seems like time has just flown by, really, so much has happened in our lives over the past ten years.

Here are some highlights:

  • Started our first jobs: Wesley - West End Church of Christ/ Leanne - The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society 
  • Bought our first house
  • Became dog owners: Flash 
  • Switched jobs: Leanne to Lipscomb University
  • Completed a marathon - Leanne
  • Switched jobs: Wesley to the YMCA
  • Moved to Atlanta
  • Bought our second home
  • Joined a new church: Grace Chapel
  • Switched jobs: Leanne - Heavenly Ham 
  • Struggled through the sadness of losing friends (Brooks, 2004) and family (Mommie; Nanny; PawPaw; Mimi)
  • Welcomed our first son: Jackson
  • Traveled to Europe
  • Welcomed our second son: Philip 
  • Expecting Baby Bender #3
There is so much more that has happened beyond these events, and I am blessed that I have spent the last 3650 days with Wesley as my mate, partner, love, and best friend. 

We joked today that if you had said to 22-year old Leanne and Wesley that this is where we would be in 10 years, we wouldn't believe you. It's not the "fairy tale" we imagined as we walked down the aisle. It's more real life  - I am a lot more tired than I ever thought I would be...BUT I am also a lot happier than I ever thought possible!

Thank you, Wesley, for the past 10 years! I look forward to what the Lord has in store for us and our family as we embark on the next 10! I love you!

June 22, 2002

June 22, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment