Monday, June 4, 2012

So blessed


I just had to take time this morning to write down how blessed I am to have Wesley as my husband.

This pregnancy hasn't been an easy one. We knew to expect the sickness, but for some reason, this go around has been much harder than the last two. Though I have felt some relief over the past several weeks, there were days I couldn't get up out of bed or off the couch. That meant Wesley would go to work with me in one position and come home to me sitting in the same place. After a long day, he would take over full parenting responsibilities and still have more hours of work to do after the kids were in bed.

He did all this without complaining which is WAY more than I can say about me! There were moments when I really didn't think I would ever feel normal again!

Then, to top it all off, Philip, Jackson and I came down with a nasty stomach bug. He was working, parenting, and being doctor all on his own! This all a week before Mission: Atlanta and during a week where he had to travel to North Carolina for a speaking engagement!

He never complained and never gave less than 100% to work, me or the boys!

Then, last week, he amazed me (as he does every year) with Mission: Atlanta. This was his 8th summer doing this event with the Y. There were 180 teens doing mission work all throughout Metro Atlanta. He and his interns planned an incredible week of service for the community and fun, exciting events for the kids each night.

It truly is an incredible week. I know he is so proud of it and I am so incredibly proud of all the passion he puts into it.

THEN...He took off yesterday - with both boys - for another speaking engagement in North Carolina. I could have gone with him, but he offered to take the boys and let me stay home and rest.

He is so thoughtful and caring and I am so blessed that he is my life partner and he is the father of our 3 children. Our boys are so blessed to call him Dad (and our little bean is too!)

Wesley, thank you for all you do for our family. You are an incredible provider, servant, example and I am so BLESSED to have you in my life! Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment