Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mommy, Help Me!

Wesley and I love our house. It is in the perfect location and we have great neighbors. The only drawback is it is getting a little snug. We have become very creative with our space and every corner of the house is used. In fact, I am writing this blog from Wesley's home office - in our Master Closet! As I said, we have become very creative.

When we were trying to figure out where to put Miss Elizabeth, we realized her nursery would have to double as our guest room/Philip's napping spot. We needed a place with a real bed that I could put him down each day. So, Wesley got creative and fixed up the guest room closet to house her crib. It looks really cute and will look even better once I get a few final touches completed.

It has worked out great. Philip loves to nap in Elizabeth's room and he hasn't touched her crib...until this week.

At the end of rest this afternoon, I heard "Mommy, help me!"

I had already been in there once and told him he could come out once he left his paci in the bed (Yes, his paci is back. I thought he was "over" them so I showed him one as I was cleaning out things for Elizabeth. He was NOT over it and hasn't let it go since! I am trying to be good about it but well, he really sleeps sooooo much better with it so I have let him have it at bed time... Go ahead, insert judgmental thoughts, here...it doesn't bother me! I enjoy the peace! I figure if I fight it now, the issue will just come back up once he sees Elizabeth with one in a few weeks. I will fight the battle after she arrives!)

Anyways, when I went in the first time, I told him, he had to leave his paci in the room. I guess, he got creative and threw it in Elizabeth's crib. He must not have liked that action because when he was calling for help, here's how I found him....




He had climbed in the crib and thrown the paci out (see it on the floor). He figured out how to get it out, but he couldn't figure out how to get him out!

I helped him out with a plea for him not to do that again! Here's hoping he takes my advice to heart but at least now I am 100% sure, he will not be left alone anywhere near Baby Elizabeth once she arrives!!


1 comment:

  1. No judgmental thoughts on the paci here. I tried to get Amelia to give her two pacis (that she only uses at nap and bed time) to her brothers this week and it did not work!! I was able to get her down to just one but I'm like you...if it helps her sleep all night long I'm all for it! I'll worry about it later! :)

    ReplyDelete