Tuesday, February 17, 2009

25 Things About Wesley

Ever since I composed my "25 Things About Me" list, I have been on Wesley to do the same. I wanted to see what 25 things from his life he would select to highlight. After countless requests and a little begging, Wesley finally sent his list to me. Of course, it couldn't just stay with me...I had to share!

Enjoy!

25 Things about Wesley:

1. There are 4 things in life that can take me away from thinking about my job: snowboarding, wakeboarding, going to the movies, and my most favorite – playing with Leanne and Jackson. 

2. I would absolutely love to own a very large pickup truck. I am not sure this will ever happen, but I think it is good to have a “big dream.”

3. I have a dog named Flash who also wants me to own a truck so that he can hang his long floppy ears out the window (like Flash from Dukes of Hazzard, the original, not the one with Jessica Simpson)

4. I own a lot of movies. I can watch many movies over and over again. I love Disney movies and as long as I can get a large popcorn layered with butter and a large cherry coke, I am happy to go to any girly movie with Leanne.

5. I listen to all types of music – country, Christian, hip-hop, and have even gotten into a little bit of rock music since starting concerts at the YMCA. Lately, I have been jamming to some old school sugar hill gang, run-dmc, and beastie boys

6. I am incredibly blessed because one of my favorite things to do is eat new, creative food and Leanne loves trying new recipes (she is the only person I know who can see a dish on the Food Network and then recreate it in our own kitchen)

7. I love creativity, the arts, musicals, and anything else that displays talented people. I would love to see a competitive teen program in the YMCA in Atlanta that demonstrates the creativity of teenagers

8. I can count on one hand the number of guy friends my age that I really spend a great deal of time with and talk to about life (if you are reading this and are my age, you are one of them).

9. One day I hope to get involved in whatever it is that Jackson really loves to do. If it happens to be something that I already am familiar with (like basketball or computers), all the better. But I want to spend lots of time with him doing things that he really enjoys.

10. I like to consider myself a man of patience, but I get mad on occasion. It takes a lot and typically has to do with something with my job.

11. I do consider my job a ministry. It is not a 9 to 5, and my schedule is different every week. I think I would drive myself and the rest of my family crazy if I had to sit at a desk on a routine basis.

12. I love trucks, computers, and gadgets. I have a large drawer at my house that is simply full of all kinds of wires, connectors, and chargers. I like to say that I can hook anything up to anything else if need be.

13. I like to edit video and make funny videos for different occasions. I think it this really allows me to “practice” my creativity.

14. I was a groomsman in my sister’s wedding and fainted in front of everyone

15. By the end of this summer, I will have married my wife, her sister, and her best friend

16. My first job was cutting grass in Knoxville, TN and every once in a while I wish I could go back to the simplicity of that job.

17. No one makes me laugh more than my wife. She only lets her family see how funny she is, which makes me appreciate her humor all the more.

18. I have little “fashion sense." So little that I could not even describe what that term really means. My favorite outfit is a ratty pair of house shoes, jeans that are much too big for me,  a collared shirt, and a ball cap. If I could put that on, go get in a huge Dodge Mega Cab diesel truck, have my dog Flash laying beside me, Jackson in the back seat, and Leanne singing in the passenger seat the song “She’s Country” . . . . . I think my life would be complete.

19. I drink lots of coffee and really enjoy all different types. I can drink it black or real sweet with lots of creamer. Just love sippin’ it. I also enjoy McDonald’s iced coffees – especially when I can’t pony up the dough to go to Starbucks.

20. I hope to one day write a book on my own, perhaps even a series of books about all the great stuff that happens to us every day that sometimes we pay little attention to.

21. My favorite part of the day has become giving Jackson a bath and putting him to bed. We always turn on the train in his room, then he sits in my lap and we play until Leanne hollers from downstairs that he needs to go to bed.

22. Not sure how this is going to happen, but I want to move up in my career and yet not lose weekly contact with the people I serve.

23. I love to teach and I love to motivate people to serve others.

24. I strive to be genuine in everything I do so that no one can ever question my motives or intentions. Somehow. . . people still find a way

25. The reason I am who I am and why I do what I do is directly related to my parents and the family I grew up with. I believe every child should have an atmosphere of family like I did growing up. Nothing perfect by any means, but a sense of love, joy, laughter, and openness that no one does everything right, we all make mistakes, but it sure can be a heck of a lot of fun! Bender Family Reunions are full of good ‘ole fashion fellowship.

No comments:

Post a Comment