Monday, February 23, 2009

Jackson's first real haircut

A few days ago, my friend Kate posted that her little boy got his first haircut. After seeing pictures of how adorable Sam looked with his stylish new do, I realized it was time for Jackson to head somewhere for his first real haircut. Back last fall, I snipped Jackson's baby curls off, and earlier this year, Wesley and I attempted to clean up his look. Though we did an okay job, he didn't have a "style" and I figured it was about time he had a little boy haircut.

This morning at swim lessons, I asked Kim where she takes her two little girls. She recommended Snip-Its and gave me a coupon (WhooHoo!) With coupon in hand, we headed out after lunch. 

Snip-Its was awesome! I highly recommend taking a child - especially a wiggle worm like Jackson - to a place that specializes in kids. There were toys everywhere and movies going constantly. The nice lady who cut Jackson's hair even let me request a movie to help distract him from the scissors. 

Though he was upset at first, the movie, snacks, and books helped calm him down and we left with an adorable little boy! It was worth the few extra dollars to make the experience more enjoyable.





Classic First Haircut Picture!



Jackson calmed down after a lollipop...


a Tigger and Pooh book...


and a little Elmo!




Before:

After:



Though you can't really appreciate the haircut in this picture, I thought it was a cute. I asked Jackson to say "cheese" and he did!

No comments:

Post a Comment