Saturday, February 28, 2009

No longer Home Alone!

Last Sunday morning, Wesley and his dad headed out for a week of skiing. Usually, when Wesley is away, I travel to Knoxville or Nashville to be with family. Because of Jackson's swimming lesson commitment, this time we needed to stay home. At first I was a little nervous. Not scared or worried but nervous about how I was going to entertain Jackson for an entire week by myself! Well, Wesley's plane lands in about 10 minutes and I will say, Jackson and I had a great week!!

Monday, we went and got his hair cut. Tuesday, we ventured out to Catch Air, an indoor playground, with our friends Kate and Sam. After Catch Air, Kate and I braved Chick-fil-a's Kid's night and enjoyed dinner together too!


Jackson loved the big slide.
What a workout carrying a 25 lb boy up an inflatable slide :)


This was our attempt to get the boys together.
Jackson was not in the mood to stop for a picture - too much to do!

Sam, on the other hand, stopped playing to pose for an adorable picture with his Mom!

Wednesday night we went to church and Thursday we spent time at my neighbors. They are about to have a little girl and I wanted to see her nursery - adorable! Friday morning we ran some errands and after swim lessons and a nap, we headed over to Tucker and Addie's house to play. Playing around with those two wore Jackson out, and he was in bed by 7:00!

This morning, we headed to the church for a meeting at 8:00. Unfortunately, Jackson wasn't keen on the idea of sitting through a brainstorming meeting. He had other plans, so we left shortly after they served breakfast :)


Now, we are just waiting on Wesley and Jack to get home! Though I have loved this time with my little man, I am ready to see Wesley! There is only so much Facebook you can take in a week until you are ready for some real conversation with someone at night!


Wesley and his Dad, Jack
Wesley, Jack, and Dan
Dan is a long time family friend of the Benders and was the minister at our wedding.
Dan and Jack
These two are so much fun!

1 comment:

  1. Hey buddy,

    I loved this blog. You are the best for letting me e87687y,. (that was from Jackson).

    I love you,

    me

    ReplyDelete