Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Jackson starts school!

Once we found out we were pregnant, we decided to look into preschools for Jackson. We thought it would be fun for him to have something to do next winter when the baby comes. There is a great school around the corner from our house but when I called they were already full. I was added to the waiting list and told it would be August before they knew if we had a slot.

Well, on August 6, we got a call that he was in! I was so excited. I could really use two mornings to get some things done and I knew Jackson would benefit from being in a structured environment for a while.

Last week, we attended the open house where he was able to meet his teacher, Mrs. Kristen and see some of the kids in his class. Mrs. Kristen is so sweet and he even has a friend from church in his class. I knew he would enjoy this time each week.

Today was his first day. I got up early to get his lunch packed, backpack ready, and clothes prepared. He had no clue what was going on but I was so excited for him. He looked adorable!

As soon as we got to his classroom, he was fine..until, he realized I was leaving. He hung onto my leg for dear life but Mrs. Kristen just pulled him away and I headed out. They had said we could text the school to see how they were doing on the first day, but truthfully, if he was doing great, that was wonderful but if he was hating it, I didn't want to know!!

I arrived at the school a little early for pick-up. As I was rounding the corner, they were just leaving the classroom to go to the pick-up room. I wanted to see how he did in line so I spied from the corner. He was the last to leave the room, and when he came out he immediately saw me (guess I am not a good hider!)

He took off and ran to me. I was so happy to see him!

I caught up with the teacher and asked how he did. She said he did great! He was confused at first because he didn't know where I had gone, but calmed down very quickly. He ate great, played great, and had fun! YEAH! I was so proud of him.

Once we got to the car, I asked him if he had fun? "Yes," he said.
Then I asked if he wanted to go back on Thursday? "No!" was his quick reply!

Hum...I guess we have something to work on!

No comments:

Post a Comment