Monday, April 26, 2010

Jacksonisms

Every day Jackson will say something that makes me smile. I always say, I should write this down but usually I don't. I did manage to jot down a few recent conversations that I wanted to make sure to remember.

Contractions: When the contractions for Philip started, they came on hard and fast. While we were still at home, I tried to hide the pain from Jackson, but I didn't do a good job.

When one particularly strong one hit, I was doubled over in pain. Jackson walked over to me and asked if he could hold my hand to help with the pain.

Then, in the car, another extremely painful one hit. I was talking very loudly through the pain until Jackson broke through and said, "Mommy, I can kiss it and make it better."

How sweet!

Snow: It was the Friday after we brought Philip home. The weather man had predicted snow for our area the night before. Jackson woke up early (very early) and wondered into our room. He was wide awake but I wasn't. Needing some time to adjust to the early morning wake up call, I thought of a stall tactic - I would have Jackson go investigate the snow out the window.

Me: Jackson, go look outside. There is something exciting waiting on you.

Jackson: (with so much excitement in his eyes, he could hardly stand it) A trash truck!

Me: No honey, not a trash truck. Something more exciting than a trash truck.

Jackson: A school bus!

The innocent beauty of a two-year old who knows what he loves and thinks there is nothing more exciting than large vehicles!

Mimi's Song: Jackson, Philip, and I were traveling to a friend's house one afternoon and our trip coincided with Philip's lunch time. Since the only option was to continue to Katey's house and feed him there, I let Philip cry. I tried to soothe him by singing some lullabies. After I finished "Rock-A-Bye Baby" Jackson spoke up from the back seat.

Jackson: Mommy, are you singing a Mimi Song?

Instead of knowing these songs as lullabies, he knew them as the songs his Mimi sings to him.

Me: Yes, Jackson, I was singing a Mimi Song.

Baby Philip: One morning, Jackson was playing dolls with his friend Alayna. I asked him what his baby's name was. His response:

"Baby Philip like yours Mommy."

Muffins: One morning as I was feeding Philip, I asked Wesley to make blueberry muffins with Jackson. Jackson and I love making muffins and I thought Wesley would enjoy this special time with him as well.

As they were starting the process, Jackson turned to Wesley and said "Mommy, we need eggs."

Wesley responded "Well, first, my name is Da-Da."

With out skipping a beat, Jackson responded "And, my name is Jackson."

Glad they got through those introductions!

Milk: The other night, we took a family trip to Chick-fil-a. At our restaurant, there is a hostess who walks around and asks if she can get you anything – refill, ketchup, napkins, etc. The hostess had been around once and asked Wesley she could refill his drink. He said, “Yes, sweet tea, please.” She returned the filed cup and went on her way.

A few minutes later, Jackson finished his bottle of milk.

Jackson: “Mommy, can I have some more milk please?”

Me: “Sorry, Jackson, we don’t have any more milk.”

Jackson: “Well, can you get that “boy” to get me some”

What? I then looked up looked up and saw him pointing to the hostess

Smart little boy…(who needs to work on gender recognition!)

2 comments:

  1. Leanne, I SO enjoyed reading the "Jacksonisms"! I was trying to pick out my favorite, but they all made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're writing all this down!!

    ReplyDelete