Thursday, April 8, 2010

Visit from Uncle Melvin

Twice a year, my uncle Melvin travels to Atlanta to be with friends. One night during his trip, he comes up to Cumming for dinner. I look forward to his visits each spring and summer. I love having family in our home and time with Uncle Melvin is always enjoyable.

Since Wesley was out all week with a work commitment, Uncle Melvin's visit couldn't have come at a better time. It had been a long week with both boys.

Uncle Melvin, Jackson and Philip.
Philip's middle name is James. We chose this name because it is my Mimi's maiden name and Uncle Melvin's first name. He couldn't be named after 2 better people.

Once he arrived, I slipped in Curious George for Jackson so Uncle Melvin and I could catch up. Jackson quickly decided he didn’t want to watch the movie alone and found the perfect spot to watch his favorite movie - Uncle Melvin's lap! Our conversation was cut short as Uncle Melvin and Jackson snuggled up to watch the movie and I went to finish dinner.
After we ate, Jackson wanted to color and invited his new best friend to join him. Uncle Melvin graciously agreed, and they colored while I cleared the table and took care of Philip.


It was a great evening, and I am so thankful Uncle Melvin dropped by. I enjoyed catching up and Jackson loved having someone to play with!

1 comment: