Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ice Cream in the Mailbox?

Tuesday Wesley and Jackson were on the front porch at my parents’ house when my mom, dad, Philip and I, who were sitting inside, heard an ice cream truck drive by. My dad looked outside and saw the truck slowly driving up the street.

Knowing Jackson had seen the truck, I began to wonder what the conversation had been between Jackson and his dad about the truck. It was then that Jackson ran in. He was talking a mile a minute. I asked him to slow down and he said. “ That ice cream man left me some ice cream in the mailbox.”

What? That made no sense.

I looked up to Wesley and his response was. “ Oh, yeah, he was asking tons of questions out there about the ice cream truck. I couldn’t understand what he was saying so I just said “yes” to everything. Whoops!”

Mimi overheard this little exchange and quickly sent someone outside to put an ice cream treat in the mailbox. Wesley and I had already left with Emily and Ryan when Jackson found the treat in the mailbox. Mom said he was so amazed!

He was even more amazed when he dropped the treat on the ground and Pop Pop found an identical one in the freezer!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I'd seen his face when PopPop "found" another one!

    ReplyDelete