Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Toy Story 3

Wesley left Sunday (Father’s Day) to attend Paw Paw’s funeral in Mississippi. We had planned on seeing Toy Story 3 Sunday evening, but understandably had to move that to when he returned. So Tuesday, we dropped off Philip with a wonderful family from church, the Coalsons, and headed to the movies.

Since the day Wesley found out we were pregnant, he has been looking forward to taking his child to his first real movie. Wesley loves going to the movies. Notice that I didn’t write: Wesley loves the movies. I wrote: Wesley loves going to the movies.

He loves the popcorn, Cokes, previews, everything about going to the theater and he couldn’t wait to share this experience with his child. To be completely honest, I was shocked that he wanted me to go along with him and Jackson! But I was so excited as well to share in this fun time.

We got to the theater VERY early. Wesley reminded me that was a good thing so we had time to get our popcorn, look at all the preview posters and get the best seat. Once settled in, we all enjoyed the show. Wesley and I got a little emotional – if you are a parent and have seen the movie, you understand.

Jackson was in heaven because his favorite obsession – a trash truck – made several appearances throughout the movie. I don’t think it counts as being disruptive when a three year shouts, “Mommy, it’s a green trash tuck with two persons on the back” during a movie, is it? Too cute for me!

It was a special night and a great way not only to celebrate Father’s Day..oh, and also, our 8TH Anniversary! Not very romantic, but oh well! That’s the way it is - Happy Anniversary, Wesley!

Enjoying his popcorn with Dada

Toys will be Toys and Boys will be Boys....look at the pictures below to see the first "trick" Wesley taught Jackson when he got to the theater...

Lean into your popcorn and get some out with your tongue...
Ready for the show to begin!
Sitting behind us were a couple of teenagers who had a nice chuckle when I brought out a camera . I wanted to turn to them and say, just wait until you have a baby one day!

Thankfully for Jackson's sake, I didn't learn that Popcorn is such a choking threat until after our visit to the movies. Don't think he will be getting much more of this treat anytime soon!

Always prepared! Just in case the movie got scary, I brought along his blankie. Good thing because a few of the previews got to him! Never fear - his blankie was near! (Sorry for the bad picture, but it was a dark theater!)

1 comment:

  1. My dad taught me the same popcorn trick! What a happy memory.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete