Saturday, September 10, 2011

Philip's in a BIG BOY bed!

Several weeks ago, Philip got mad when I put him down for a nap.  As I turned to leave his room, I heard a thud. I looked back, and he was on the floor. I put him back in bed, and left the room. By the time I got to my room, he was in there with me. No thud, no fall, the little bugger just Monkeyed his way out of his crib. And that's how it has been from then on.

He learned how to kick his feet over the railing and ease himself down the side. At 18 months, it was really quite impressive. He never used his special talent unless he was mad, but something changed this last week.

Wesley was in Chicago for a Y-USA meeting and for the two days he was gone, Philip decided that at 5:30 am he was done sleeping and climbed out of bed.  I woke up to the sound of knocking coming from his room.

Still half asleep, I walked to his room to find him knocking at his closed door wanting to get out!

At 5:30, I realized he needed to learn to get out and get back in his own bed. Or at least play toys until the sun wakes up.

So, yesterday afternoon, Wesley took the front panel off his crib. Nap time was his first attempt at the bed, and well, there was no sleeping. I went in several times to check on him, and he was just sitting there playing toys.

He was so tired last night, we thought he might just go straight to sleep. Jackson and I headed to Kate's to drop off something and when we returned Wesley showed me the pictures below.

He quickly feel asleep so Wesley creeped in to take this picture:


A few minutes later, he heard a loud thud and went in to see found this.
It's really dark, but he fell out of the bed and onto the floor BUT didn't wake up!


Wesley put him back into bed and he slept until 6:00!! Whoo Hoo! Here's hoping it goes well the rest of the week and he learns to get back on his 7:00 wake-up schedule!

1 comment: