Friday, September 30, 2011

INK Children's Museum

I heard of a Children's Museum in Gainesville, and I knew I had to take Jackson. It reminded me of the Hands On Museum my sisters and I went to when we visited our grandparents in Johnson City. 

INK is an interactive Museum where children can role play and learn in make-believe set-ups (bank, post office, supermarket, diner, etc). It's all about Imagination and that's Jackson!

I knew he would love it and I wanted to go when it could just be him and me. I didn't want to have any distractions so no Philip, no Daddy, just Mommy! 

Wesley was traveling to Knoxville for a work retreat and offered to take Philip with him.(Thanks, Lynne, for watching Philip for us!!!)

We packed up and headed to Gainesville at 9:00 Friday morning. We arrived at opening and Jackson's face lit up with excitement like I knew it would. 

He ran all around the exhibits and settled in the diner where he played and played!

Making Pizza 
Getting me a Diet Coke
Working it behind the counter

He put the hat on for a few minutes and then took it off when some other kids came into the diner to play. 

Playing Pilot

Shopping in the Grocery Store


There was a school group at the museum and once they decided to play where Jackson was, I decided it was time for lunch. If we could grab an early lunch, when we came back in, the school group would be eating and leaving. 

We went out to the car to grab our lunch boxes and I decided to move the car to a new parking space. I put the key in and...the car wouldn't start! 

It wasn't just that it wouldn't start, but I couldn't even get the key to turn. I called Wesley (what he could do in Knoxville, I didn't know, but I called him anyway!)

He told me some things to try and then said call AAA. Due to the make of our car, AAA could do nothing and it had to be towed. 

NO!!!!!!

My perfect day with Jackson was cut too short as we waited outside the museum for the tow company to come take us back to our side of town. 

"Hip"
Yep, that's his name!

Is there something we can learn from this picture?
Maybe that our son poses TOO MUCH when this is what I get when I say, "Let me get a picture of you by the car." 

Thankfully, I have the most amazing son in the world and he was just as happy riding in a tow truck! 


And it put him to sleep, too!

Thanks, Jackson, for being so wonderful as we dealt with the craziness of this day. I promise to take you back soon!

1 comment: