Wednesday, February 1, 2012

INK

Today was Jackson's field trip to the INK Children's museum in Gainesville. He had been looking forward to this day since he and I visited this museum back in September. He couldn't wait to play with his friends from school.

Philip and I tagged along on the field trip. I didn't think it would be difficult to keep up with both of them. I was wrong! Luckily, Jackson's friend Justin came with his mom and dad. His dad, Greg, graciously watched Jackson and Justin as they went from exhibit to exhibit which allowed me to focus on Philip.

I did though snap some great shots of both boys in action:

Jackson handing me a lollipop at the "bank" drive-thru window.

"Dentists" Jackson and Justin working on their patient, Philip

Philip's favorite part - the Thomas tables
(and the cracker he found on it that I didn't notice until it was already in his mouth. Gross!)

"Farmers' Market" 
Jackson weighing my purchase

Greg, Justin, Jackson and Philip
THANK YOU, Greg, for your help!!!

Playing with the cars

"Construction workers"

Posing at the "Anchor Desk"
They were all watching themselves on TV....
Poor Philip was the left behind.

He really didn't mind and went to explore on his own.
First the airplane!
 

Then the police car
(with Hunter, Justin's brother, and Alecia, Justin's mom)



Philip joined back up with the big boys at the "Supermarket"

Jackson checking out

Philip loading up on dairy items!

So proud of his cart!

Heading to check out


"Music Room"

"Vet"


Philip put the snake in his crate!

Waiting on Philip and me at the diner!
 
Mommy and Philip
It was a fun filled day. Sadly, I made a bad decision and ended up riding to the museum with another family. Though I loved the company of my dear friend, Allison, as we drove to Gainesville, having another passenger meant that Jackson had to leave the museum right after lunch. He did not want to leave (Justin was staying longer) and we ended the day on a sour note as I had to pick him up and carry him to the car.

Not pretty and not my most favorite "Mommy moment." I cried to Wesley about it when I got home. He suggested I go talk to Jackson and again tell him how sorry I was we had to leave early.

I went into his room and started to talk about having to leave early and Jackson said "Leave where?" When I said the museum, he responded "oh, yay! that was fun!"

I guess the tantrum he (and probably I) threw at the museum was just a passing thought in his fun day! Oh, to be a kid again!

No comments:

Post a Comment