Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas with the Jablonskis

Due to my growing belly, we decided to cut off travel in early December. It is getting harder to stay comfortable in the car so we made the decision to celebrate Christmas early with my family this past weekend.

Wesley wasn't involved in all of the activities because he was speaking at a retreat for his friend, Michael, but Jackson and I were able to spend lots of time with family.

I even managed to squeeze in a visit with Erin and Ashley. I was hoping to see Laura and her baby but the Christmas allergies got the best of me! I also wanted to see Abigail, but ran out of time. No matter how much time I have in Nashville, I never seem to be able to see everyone!
Leanne, Ashley, and Erin - we missed you Shannon!

Sunday afternoon, Jackson, Wesley and I were able to attend the James Family Christmas lunch. This is my Grandmother Mimi's side of the family. I don't think I have made it to a James Lunch since we moved to Atlanta. It was so good to see everyone!

Emily and my mom worked ahead of time to organize a group photo for my mom's Christmas card. Though it will be out of date once Philip comes around, it is nice to have a photo of my immediate family and one of my family, grandparents and uncle.

My cousin Matt let Jackson wear this singing hat. So glad it didn't make it home with me, but it was cute!
Sunday night, the entire gang came over to my mom's for pizza. It was so much fun! My mom let Jackson help with the cooking - not such a great idea for the cake, but I think she and Jackson had a great time!

Big Drubby reading Elmo to Little Drubby

Mom and Jackson "frosting" the cake.

Poor Cake!

Here is Jackson again doing the "Jablonski look" with his tongue but check out who else is doing it - my mom!!!

Jackson got to taste his cake - yummy!
We hate that we will miss spending Christmas morning with our extended family, but it was so nice to be with everyone this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I missed getting to see you as well. Glad you guys had a great Christmas with your family. Hope to see you again soon and will be looking forward to seeing pictures of baby Philip when he arrives!

    ReplyDelete