Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Holiday Outing

A few weeks ago, there was a coupon for $5 off a $10 Build A Bear. When I saw it, I knew it would be the perfect holiday outing for my friends - cheap and fun!

It was a crazy morning trying to get out the door to get to the mall at 10:00. I was running late (as usual) but so relieved when I saw Kate and Sam pulling in at the same time. Since we were both going to be late together, we decided to stop by Starbucks for a tasty treat before heading to Build A Bear.

On our way to the store, we ran into Katey and Alayna who said that no one was at the store yet. That was weird since it was now around 10:30. I checked my phone and there was a message from Ashley. Priscilla and the kids had been in a wreck and she was heading to take care of them! Thankfully, no one was hurt in the accident..except the car :(

Priscilla wanted us to go ahead with the play date so Katey, Kate and I headed into Build A Bear with three excited kids.

Jackson had made an animal this summer and I could tell he remembered where he was. He went to the back to play while I picked out a Moose for Jackson and a bear for Philip. I grabbed a recorder button and had Jackson say "I love Philip" into it. It came out good enough - I Dillip (repeated three times with each time getting a little louder!) so we proceeded to the stuffing station.


Jackson with his pre-stuffed Moose

Jackson loved this part but Sam and Alayna weren't fans.


Kate helping Sam stuff his puppy
Alyana did not like this station - it was too much to even watch!

Jackson was all about it

Jackson picking out a heart for his Moose


Now it was time to stuff Philip's Bear


Jackson placed a special heart inside Baby Philip's first Teddy Bear!
After the stuffing, all four animals got a bath - too cute!


Here's Moosey, Baby Philip, Puppy Jr, and Ballet (yes, we let the kids name the animals!)


Group shot


After the bath, we had to make birth certificates for the animals. Jackson loved playing on the computer!

We headed to the food court for a quick bite and a ride on the carousel. Since we needed a photographer, Katey stayed back. Kate and I opted for the stationary seat instead of trying to balance three kids on horses with just the two of us. Good idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment