Tuesday, September 7, 2010

On your mark...

Emily, Ryan and I have committed to run The Boulevard Bolt Thanksgiving morning. This 5-mile race goes through beautiful Belle Meade in Nashville.

Emily has worked up a 12-week training schedule for us. To prepare for training, I have been heading to the YMCA 3 times a week for the past couple of weeks. Yesterday marked my first official pre-race workout. We had to run 1 mile so I ran that mile and walked a few extra minutes.

In addition to running three times a week, we have to do some cross training. I decided that instead of doing cross training on my own, I would commit to going back to my Zumba class. I love this class but haven't been to it since I found out I was pregnant with Philip. I almost backed out today, but I am so glad I didn't!

It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be to get back into the rhythm of the class. Though the music is different, the moves are the same, and I have 3 friends from church there encouraging me along.

I am hoping that Zumba combined with my running will help me complete this race. I haven't run 5 miles all at once since I was training to run/walk the Country Music Marathon in 2004!

Also, I am also helping this training will help me squeeze into a cute pair of pants I still haven't been able to fit in since Philip was born...

No comments:

Post a Comment