Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Preschool's back in session

Today was Jackson's first day back at preschool.

He started off the day with a new 1st day of school tradition - Breakfast with Daddy! They went to Dutch Monkey Donuts and enjoyed some breakfast before I took Jackson to school. They sat outside to eat, and Jackson was beaming when they returned. Turns out he saw several school buses, motorcycles, and even a recycling trash truck while they ate.



I love new traditions and I think this one is a keeper - Breakfast with Daddy on the first day of school!
He was doing so well as we packed up his bag for school, but when it came time for Philip and me to actually leave him at school, he wasn't so excited. He didn't cry, but he hung on for dear life. Luckily, since I am an "experienced" preschool parent, I knew what to do. I had the teacher distract him with some toy cars and took off! Though I hated leaving him unhappy, I knew he would settle down and enjoy the day.

Philip and I headed to the Y for the Zumba class and then enjoyed a quiet lunch at home. I arrived VERY early to pick Jackson up (the doors weren't even open yet) but I couldn't wait to see how his first day went.

When I entered his room, he turned to me and said "Hi, Mom!" and then went back to playing! He was not ready to leave his new little friend, Isabelle. The two of them finished their puzzle and then he was ready to go. After a hug to the teacher, we were out the door!

It was a great day and must have been exhausting for the little guy. He is taking a great afternoon nap!



1st day of 3 year old Preschool
Mrs. Mary's Class

3 comments:

  1. so cute!! he looks even older than just the last time we saw you :o)

    love, abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness leanne these are WONDERFUL pics of jackson!! cant wait to see you guys soon :D

    -Mini

    ReplyDelete