Friday, February 18, 2011

Early Arrival

As we were packing up to head to Nashville Friday, I received a call from Susan. Her water broke!! She was only 35 weeks but Benjamin was ready to come out. We got the call about half way to Nashville, that though he was looking good, he needed to head to the NICU for some TLC. His little lungs just weren't ready for the outside world.

Since I was battling a cold, I stayed away from the hospital Friday night. Saturday, I went and visited Susan who looked great. We thought we should wait one more day before I ventured up the NICU with my cough. Sadly, we learned that you have to be "Cold-Free" for 2 weeks before you can visit with the preemies.

I was only able to enjoy the beauty of my new nephew from pictures! The first pictures I saw had him attached to the oxygen and such. This picture is one Susan posted on Facebook - it was my first glimpse of his perfect face and dark hair! I think he looks like his Aunt Emmie.

We are hoping that he will get to come home Monday or Tuesday. He is eating good and breathing great but isn't 100% adapted to life outside Mommy.

We love you, Benjamin, and can't wait to see you soon!
Benjamin

1 comment:

  1. So glad you were here when he was born and that you finally got to meet him!!

    ReplyDelete