Monday, July 25, 2011

Happy Birthday, Jackson!

I know every mother every year says this, but it's true. I can't believe how fast time flies! My baby is 4!! I can't believe it. Jackson has grown so much this past year.

Physically: He hit 30 pounds! Whoo Hoo!!
Socially: He is starting to understand friendships and desire to be around his friends.
Intellectually: The kid is so smart. He remembers everything and his imagination is out of this world.
Spiritually: He learned his first Bible verse this year (Nothing can separate you from God's Love) and he and Wesley have been working on the Lord's Prayer. Makes my heart swell each night as I hear them practicing!

He knows what he likes: Playing pretend, Star Wars, Blankie and Patches, Philip (on most days!), 'pes-ge-ti, Disney World, People who are old enough to ride the school bus!

He knows what he doesn't like: being hot, eating fruits and vegetables, scary things, listening

Everyday, I see glimpses of his developing personality and I am in love. I really am!

We had a great birthday celebration for him tonight. He wanted 'pes-ge-ti so we had spaghetti. We opened presents, ate, and just celebrated Jackson. Our friend Minutha came over with her boyfriend, Aleem. Jackson loves "Mis-Nutha" and was thrilled to celebrate and play with her.

Opening his present from Mimi and PopPop

Jackson and his present from Philip


Another present from Mimi and PopPop

Working on the computer Wesley and I gave him.
Overheard: I have to take this to bed with me 'cause I have some e-mails to work on! 

Jackson and Philip on the tricycle Grammy and KD sent him.

Happy Birthday Boy!

Happy Brother!

Aleem and Minutha gave Jackson a very thoughtful gift - his first Disney Pin collection lanyard! 

1 comment: