Friday, July 1, 2011

My Garden

I had decided not to plant a garden this year. Last year, we had some unwelcome guests in our yard due to the garden, and I didn't think I wanted to tackle it again. Thankfully, my friend Patricia changed my mind!

She had some extra plants and offered them to me. Jackson ad I planted them and have really enjoyed watching them grow.

This year, we have cucumbers, squash, tomatoes, herbs, and peppers. It may be too many plants for my small area, but so far, they are thriving. We have enjoyed the cucumbers and squash and are waiting on the tomatoes to turn red.


My first squash

My first cucumber

I don't understand...if there are any experienced gardeners reading this, please explain! Why would I get both types of squash off the same plant? Some of them have been hooked neck and some have been straight?

All have been delicious!





No comments:

Post a Comment