Saturday, July 9, 2011

Wesley heads to Orlando!

Last Tuesday, Wesley received a call from Dan, his former supervisor at the YMCA. There was a man who runs a weeklong conference in Disney World who was offering a full scholarship to someone in youth leadership at the Metro Atlanta YMCA.

Dan recommended Wesley to receive the scholarship and called to see if he wanted to go. I was all on board for it. Wednesday morning, Wesley talked to the guy from the Magical Wand Foundation and decided to go.

Since I had already committed to working, the kids and I weren’t able to go. (Not only because of work but also it is hot! I didn’t want to be in Orlando by myself with two little ones in the heat!)

It was spur of the moment, but Wesley packed up and left last Saturday for a week in Disney World. He really enjoyed the conference and loved having some much needed time alone to recharge from a crazy past few months.

Every day, he would send us photos from his trip. The pictures always brightened my day.

Some were for Jackson:

Parking Tram

Monorail Card

Monorail in the Contemporary Hotel

Some were for me: (most of my pictures had a central theme - the Disney Food!)


Cinnamon Roll from Main Street

Jalapeno Cheddar Pretzel from Animal Kingdom

Earl of Sandwich

His luxury King-sized bed in the Contemporary!

And some of the pictures were just for fun:

Arriving at Disney World

The Parade

Chef Mickey's
Conference Treat

Final Banquet at the Conference

The crowds!

We were all so ready for Wesley to get home. The boys (and I!) enjoyed seeing him and getting our goodies he picked out for us!


Wednesday night, I decided to return the favor of sending text photos, and sent Wesley a snap shot of our dinner out - Gotta love Waffle House!


No comments:

Post a Comment