Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Creamed Corn Playdate

Since they were giving away corn at the Produce Market, I asked if I could take a lot home for my friend, Kate. They said "yes!" as long as I would return with a yummy recipe for creamed corn. Sure thing!

I took 50 ears of free corn home and was going to take it to Kate for her to work her magic. Instead, we decided to work on the project together and Kate and her boys came over for a creamed corn playdate.

We started out in the back yard shucking the corn. Then, cleaned and scrapped the corn, and then partially cooked before freezing 6 batches of her mother's Creamed Corn recipe.


Kate was a pro at shucking that corn!
While we worked, the boys enjoyed some popsicles that QUICKLY melted. It was so hot! 
Yummy!

Look at all that corn we had to clean and cook!

This picture didn't come out as clear as I had hoped. I went to check on the boys and found them playing "KD's boat" They were in the Cuddie Cabin (aka - under the train table with their legs hanging out each side!)

Driving the boat!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe Rebekah can play KD's boat with Jackson next time we're there. What a fun game! And...you need to share the corn recipe. If you'll eat it I know it must be wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete