Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I'm a changed woman!

If you know me, you know I don't eat corn. I haven't in years. I don't know when I stopped liking this summer treat, but it at least goes back 12 years (I know that because 12 years ago is when I looked my future mother-in-law in the eyes as she was serving me corn and said "No thanks, I don't eat corn!" SIDE NOTE: Who does that?? I am surprised she accepted me into the fam!)

Anyways, I have tried and tried to like corn, but it hasn't worked.

Well, my dislike for corn was not strong enough to compete with my frugal spirit. While shopping at the Produce Mart, I was told that the corn was free - FREE! I had to get some. She gave me an easy recipe since I had no idea how to cook it, and I ventured home to try it.

Wesley was so excited. He loves corn but in our 9 years of marriage, I have never made it for him. We all sat down to eat and I tried it. And it was YUMMY!!! I feel like a burden has been lifted now that I can eat, fresh corn.

Still don't know how I will do with canned corn or creamed corn but I am a convert to corn on the cob! Whoo Hoo!

Look at me, Mom! I am eating corn!

Jackson liked it too!

And of course, Philip did as well!

1 comment: