Friday, November 14, 2008

My TV curse...

Well, it's now official: I have some sort of curse when it comes to television shows. If I like them, they get canned!

It started when I got into a new show - Windfall - in the summer of 2006. The NBC show starring Luke Perry was about a group of friends who won the lottery. It was a fun, light drama that I really enjoying watching until one week- CANCELLED! No warning. No final episode. They just stopped showing it.


Okay, no biggie. It was September and a new lineup of shows was starting. I started watching The Nine starring Kim Raver, Tim Daly, and Scott Wolfe. The first episode followed nine hostages being released from a bank. The following episodes were flashbacks to what happened in the bank during the hostage situation. It was a`great concept and pretty intense. I watched all the episodes and was getting hooked when all of a sudden, it was off the air. I figured they were taking a break for the holidays, but I soon realized it wasn't coming back on...or was it?


Months later, The Nine popped up again. It picked up right where it left off, and I was so excited to finally see what happened in that bank. I knew the show probably wouldn't last long, but I was glad to get a second chance to see how it ended. Nope! After two episodes, it was gone. I will never know what happened in that bank.

Last season, I got hooked on Lipstick Jungle with Brook Shields. It is about the lives of three girlfriends living in New York. A Sex in the City for NBC Prime time! It is a great show that really has some interesting story lines. Well, this morning, I saw on Yahoo "NBC axes Lipstick Jungle and My Own Worst Enemy" (I can't be credited with the demise of My Own Worst Enemy because I haven't seen an episode though Wesley said it was pretty good!)

I am so upset because even though I know it is all fake, I really got into the characters and would like to see what happens at the end. Every show whether canceled or not should be given a finale. It only makes sense! Why leave people hanging?

Didn't we all like knowing what happened to Ross and Rachele? And didn't we feel good seeing where the Seinfeld gang ended up? And, even if you haven't watched ER in years, aren't you a little excited about seeing what happens to these characters who have been with us for 10 years? It is always nice to have closure. Even when it doesn't end like you want it to.


So who knows if I will ever learn the fate of Lipstick Jungle's Nico, Wendy, and Victory. I guess if NBC decides not to air the last episodes I will have to guess how the story ends.

Until then, I am left with only The Office, , Dancing with the Stars and Brothers & Sisters though maybe I shouldn't admit I watch those or they will get the boot too!


No comments:

Post a Comment