Monday, November 17, 2008

What a day!

Today was a day of fun and excitement. We started off with news that Elizabeth Joy was finally here! Elizabeth is the daughter of our dear friends Erin and Daniel. Erin and Daniel are going to make the most amazing parents. Baby Elizabeth is a very lucky little girl. We love you Erin and Daniel...and Elizabeth!!

Daniel, Erin, Leanne, Wesley, Jackson (10.19.08)


The next fun news we received was from my sister, Susan. One of her boys, Joshua, lost his first tooth! When Susan asked him how he knew he had lost it, he replied, "There wasn't anything wiggle in my mouth anymore." Of course!

I talked to him and his twin Caleb on the phone. When Caleb got on the phone he said, "Joshua lost his tooth today, and I think mine is going to come out tomorrow" I guess Caleb doesn't want to be left out of all the Tooth Fairy fun!


The day ended with a night out! The annual YMCA Volunteer Recognition Awards were tonight, and one of Wesley's volunteers purchased a table so we got to go! When I worked for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society & Lipscomb University, we had dinners like this all the time and I loved them!! I love getting dressed up, meeting new people, and having a really nice dinner.
I know a lot of Wesley's co-workers from the Alpharetta & Forsyth YMCA, but since he started his new position in January, he has met so many new faces across Metro Atlanta. He was introducing me to people all night long.

It was a great evening of food, fellowship, and freedom -- no Jackson! I missed him but he was in good hands with some friends from church!


4 comments:

  1. You look AWESOME in this picture!!! How fun - I sure miss those kind-of formal things we used to get to go to in college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! Hope you had fun. Caleb's tooth did not come out (yet) today. He asked Miss Juliette to pull it, but it wasn't quite ready. The tooth fairy did leave Joshua a whistle, but apparently not the kind he wanted, so Caleb went ahead and wrote a note to the TF asking for money and gum. He says he's going to buy two whistles with his money so Joshua can have the right one! Such a sweet boy. Hope Publix was fun.
    Love,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found your blog on Elizabeth's and wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete