Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ashley's Bachelorette Party!

After two great days in Destin, I packed up and headed to Gulf Shores, AL. Mapquest said it was 90 miles so I was thinking I would arrive in about 1 ½ hours - wrong! Three hours after I pulled out of our house in Destin, I arrived in Gulf Shores. Oh well, it was a beautiful drive.

I was meeting up with three of my girl friends from High School – Ashley, Erin K and Erin P/G (She is now Erin G, but will always be Erin P to me). We were celebrating Ashley’s upcoming wedding the best way ever – a Bachelorette party at the beach!

We had so much fun!!!! Friday, after we unpacked and did some catching up, we went to eat at Sea N Suds, a little seafood restaurant we walked to on the beach. The food was great and we were able to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful view. After dinner, we headed out to see Ghosts of Girlfriends Past with Matthew McConaughey. It was the perfect movie to see with girlfriends!

Saturday, we spent most of the day at the beach. The weather was beautiful and we enjoyed laying out, reading and laughing!

Saturday night, the wedding fun started with a lingerie shower for Ashley in the condo. After the shower, we had dinner at the Original Oyster House (yummy!) and then took Ashley all decked out in a veil and sash reading: Miss Bachelorette to FloraBama, a hot spot in Gulf Shores. We stayed out late dancing and just enjoying a fun night together.

I wish I had pictures of our night out but all the good pictures are on Ashley’s camera. One of the highlights at FloraBama was seeing a lady – probably in her 70s – out on the dance floor. She had two college aged boys dancing with her and it was a show stopper! If I get the pictures, I will post.

Sunday, we spent the morning on the beach and then packed up and headed out. As we pulled out of Gulf Shores, it started raining on us –our first rain of the weekend! We crashed in Birmingham at Erin’s house and Monday morning, I got up and headed home and Erin K and Ashley headed back to Nashville.

I had the most wonderful weekend! It was so good to be with friends. I am forever grateful for Wesley for taking off three days of work to watch Jackson for me. I think they had fun even though Jackson is keeping quiet about what they did over the weekend :)

Again, I promised no bathing suit pictures! Here’s a small sample of the fun we had!




Erin P/G. Erin K and Ashley at Sea-N-Suds

The Bride To Be, Ashley and Leanne

Our condo was on the 5th floor, second from the right. Thank you to the Prillaman's for letting us use it for the weekend!

Erin, Ashley, Erin and Leanne before the presents were opened.


Leanne, Erin, Ashley and Erin at the Oyster House.

And yes, I do realize I have a halo on my head. I guess it's true what they say - Cameras don't lie :)

1 comment:

  1. We had a great time, didn't we?! Miss you already!

    Thanks for posting these pics...I'll upload the ones I have to my flickr account soon!

    ReplyDelete