Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Walking in the Rain

I made a commitment to myself and to Jackson that for the summer months, I would move my exercise outdoors one day a week. I am a little spoiled with the Y, and seem to limit my workouts to what can be done while Jackson is in the play center. He loves to be outside, and it is good for me to get moving outside as well.

I shared my commitment with three of my girlfriends to see if they wanted to join me. They all were on board for our first outing today!

The plan was to meet up to walk and then have a picnic lunch. At the last minute, Ashley had to back out but Kate, Katey and I met up at the Alpharetta Greenway for the walk. When we arrived it was sprinkling, but we decided to just chance it and hope we didn't get too wet. We walked (and talked!) for 1 hour and were pretty dry until the last 15 minutes. Let's just say none of the kids were too happy about walking in the rain!

Since it was so dreary out, we decided to take our picnic to the mall. I bet we were a sight: Three sweaty ladies in workout clothes and three wet, cold little ones, camped out in the food court with our homemade lunches! Oh, well! It worked! The kids enjoyed being dry and the three of us were able to relax and eat a wonderful meal. Thanks, Kate, for the delicious chicken salad sandwiches!

After lunch, we walked down to the kids' area so Sam, Alayna and Jackson could run around.


Jackson loves going down the slide on his belly!
Sam and Alayna
Jackson and Alayna

Hopefully, Katey, Kate, and Ashley will join us again next week for our outside stroll. It would be so much easier to keep my commitment knowing I would have some "Girl Talk" as I walked!

1 comment:

  1. You are the best mom ever for taking jackson to play with all his church buddies.

    Wish I could have been there for what looked like an awesome lunch!

    ReplyDelete