Monday, May 4, 2009

Girls Get-Away!

Last year, a few of my girlfriends from church got together and planned a four days girls trip to Destin, FL. Since we had so much fun, Cory – our social director – planned a five day trip this year.

When the dates for the trip were announced, I at first had to pass. I already had plans for another beach trip that same weekend with some high school friends. After some encouragement from Wesley, I realized I could do both. I would tag along for the first two days with the church group and then head to Gulf Shores to be with the other group.

Two beach trips in one weekend – WHOO HOO!!

The first leg of the trip was wonderful and so relaxing. We got there on Wednesday evening. Thursday, everyone went to the beach and then after lunch got ready for a shopping trip. Since there was nothing I needed at the outlets, I decided to stay back. GREAT IDEA!! I had the entire house to myself. It was so relaxing. I read, watched Oprah, and took a little nap. I felt so good by the end of the afternoon. Friday morning, I spent a little more time on the beach before heading over to Gulf Shores.

I had a great time the short two days I was in Destin and hope that Cory will plan another trip next year :-)

Since I promised I wouldn’t post any “bathing suit” pictures, I only have one picture from Destin. Here is our group enjoying dinner at the Back Porch.


Girls Trip 2009
Allison, Kerri, Cory, Dionne, Ashley, Leanne, Dee, Kathy, Laureen, Olivia, Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment