Friday, May 22, 2009

Special Visitor

Last night, we had a special treat! Adam, a friend from college, came into town with his girlfriend and stayed the night with us. Wesley and I hadn't seen Adam in two years so it was so good to be with him and catch up. It was also great to meet his girlfriend, Cathy, and for them to meet Jackson.

Adam is one of those friends you just love being around. He is very special to Wesley and me because he was friends with each of us individually before we were a couple. Wesley and Adam both lived on the 3rd floor of Sewell, and Adam and I became friends in a computer class our second semester on campus. Once Wesley and I started dating, it was fun to be able to hang out with someone that knew us both really well.

I have so many college memories of Adam from hanging out in the Square, to Phi Sig functions, to (as we remembered last night) the time I cut his hair in the bathroom of Sewell - and they say girls aren't allowed in the boys' dorms in Lipscomb...whoops :-)

Adam was always there for Wesley and me and always a true friend. Last night was so special as were able to just sit, chat and reconnect.

Funny how time changes some things - we now live in different states, have different jobs, Wesley and I have a child - but with good friends, time can never change good conversation and laughter!

We loved having Adam visit!

Old School Photo: This one's for Cathy. Since she and Adam met last year, she hasn't seen many College-Age-Adam pictures. I thought she would enjoy this one from our freshman year. Don't we look so young!

Adam, Cristal, Leanne, and Wesley

2 comments:

  1. Oh man. Look at those good ole Phi Sig shirts! I think one of those may have made it to Senior Pass-down...just kidding. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That old Lipscomb picture cracks me up. In my opinion, Adam definitely looks much better now! :)
    -Cathy

    ReplyDelete