Saturday, March 20, 2010

Date Night with Jackson

Our friends in Alpharetta, Edith and Larry, asked if they could watch the boys for us tonight. After thinking about all we could do, we decided that it would be fun to go out with just Jackson for the night.

We dropped Philip off at their house and asked Jackson where he would like to go. As usual his response was Chick-fil-a for "chicken nuggets, ketchup, and French fries." I wish I had a dollar for how many times I eat at Chick-fil-a in the course of a month!

After dinner, we headed to Toys-R-Us for a new toy. We wondered up and down the aisles looking at every toy. We stopped to play with the trains, bicycles and the instruments. I have never seen a happier kid than when Wesley brought down the drum set that was on display. Jackson went crazy. He played and played!


He is quite the musician. I am sure that one day, we will have a set of drums in our house, but not today. The noise, I mean music, was a little too much for Mommy! Instead we opted for a fire truck floor puzzle. Not as exciting but he still seemed to like it.
After leaving Toys R Us, we headed back to pick up Philip. I think Jackson enjoyed the night out but he was so glad to see Philip too. I hope that means they will be big buds some day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment