Friday, March 5, 2010

My cup runneth over

When Wesley and I were first married we dreamed about our future family. We saw a house full of kids. Once Jackson was born, my vision of the future changed. I no longer saw a house full. I only saw one child – Jackson. The reason – I didn’t think it was fair to bring another child into the world when I knew I wouldn’t be able to love that child like I loved Jackson. I loved Jackson with my entire heart and didn’t see how I could “find” the love in my heart for another child.

I admitted this fear to my mom, and though she understood my feelings, she said “When you have your second child, you don’t share the love already in your heart. Your heart just grows and move love for your second child pours in.”

To be completely honest, I didn’t know if I believed her. My love for Jackson was so great, I didn’t know how my heart could grow to love another child as much. Well, instantly on February 7, my heart grew and grew with love for Philip.

Now, my heart overflows with an indescribable love for my boys. Seeing them together in the hospital was priceless; watching them interact at home has melted my heart; and thinking of the future with a home filled with my boys laughing gives me so much joy.

My mom (as usual) was right – Adding another child into our family just made my heart expand with more love than I ever thought possible. I love Jackson more as I see him in a new light – A big Brother! And my love for Philip is just as strong as I watch him develop into the individual blessing that he is.

My heart truly runneth over with love….
It doesn't get much better than this!

Jackson seeing "Baby Dilip" for the first time.

Jackson made this bear for Philip. He didn't understand why he wouldn't play with it.


Jackson loves holding his brother!


Brothers ready for bed!
Of course, my love isn’t limited to my two children. I am still madly in love with my Wesley. He is a great husband, dad, friend, provider, entertainer, and I am so glad we are on this journey together!

Wesley is in charge of bedtime. He was getting Jackson and Philip ready for prayers when I came in to snap a few pictures. Jackson wanted in on the fun and actually took the above picture - pretty good, huh?!

Can it get more precious than this? I ran out to the store Wednesday night, and when I returned I found all three of my boys in bed. Jackson was holding on to Da-Da's arm and Philip was holding onto Da-Da's shirt. Good thing there can't be too much love in one place!!!

3 comments:

  1. Leanne, I remember us talking about this exact subject before you were pregnant with Philip. I love what your mom told you about the love that you will have for your second. You and Wes mean so much to us and we are so blessed to have you in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see him. I may hide in the trunk when Ashley comes down to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made my day! You are such a wonderful mother, probably from all those years of practice at the Richardson household...haha! I just love your little family so much.

    ReplyDelete