Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Road Trip

We took our first road trip this weekend to Nashville. Wesley had a meeting at the Y so we weren't able to leave until 2:00 Saturday afternoon. Once we arrived, Mom, Susan, Emily and I took off to celebrate Mom's birthday at Red Robin. It was a great meal and I enjoyed spending time with my mom and sisters without the kiddos.

After we returned home, Emily and I headed to Harris Teeter for their triple coupon sale. It was an adventure. I love to grocery shop and Emily hates it! I convinced her to join me so we could catch up and I think in the end, she had a good time. I even had some coupons that saved her big!

While we were out, Uncle Melvin, Net, and Drubby came by to visit with the boys. Luckily, Uncle Melvin brought his camera and snapped a few pictures.

Sunday, the whole crew came over for a Bar-B-Q lunch. Philip was able to meet Uncle Tim for the first time. While the adults watched the UT game, the cousins played outside. Jackson loved driving around with Caleb on the "four wheelers."

Uncle Tim, Aunt Susan, Philip, and Joshua

Caleb and Jackson cruisin' the town

My parents have in their house the 95 year-old bassinet that my grandfather, father, sisters, and I have all used. When Jackson was born, we had it here in the house. This time, it stayed at my parents, but Philip was able to enjoy a nice nap in it this weekend.


Jackson woke up not feeling 100% on Monday morning so Philip, Dad and I went alone to see Great PopPop. He is visiting my Aunt Alice this month so we were able to spend some time catching up with all of them. For an added treat, my cousin Thayer was also in town. It has been years since I have seen him and it was good to reconnect.

Leanne, Great PopPop, PopPop, and Philip

Though Philip is only 7 weeks old, he is not the youngest great-grandchild. There are actually two younger. My cousin Michael and cousin Erin each have each welcomed a child since Philip's birth.

Philip and his Great Aunt Alice

Great PopPop and Philip

I caught them doing what they do best - napping!

Thayer took some awesome pictures of Philip as well. Here is my favorite. There are 95 years separating these two and I believe this pictures tells so much. One hand has done so much and one has so much to conquer.

Look at all the happiness in this face

I did not get a single picture of my mom and the boys this trip. I will work on that next time. I did get two great pictures of Dad and Philip and Dad and Jackson. I think they all look so happy.

On our way home Monday, we stopped at Joel and Abby's. They hadn't met Mr. Philip yet. It was so good to visit with them and for Philip to meet more family.

Luke, Abby, Philip, Joel and Trent

2 comments:

  1. I must have missed these the other day. You got some really good pictures with Great Pop-Pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pictures leanne!
    abby

    ReplyDelete